Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Holidays

Its winter again! Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, even “Sparkle Season”, the time of year with love, joy, and giving has finally arrived. That’s the true meaning of the holiday. Christmas derived from a pagan holiday where landowning men would take part in orgies, drink, and beat their wives. 2,000 years later, and the only differences are that the dominant religious holiday celebrates the birth of their savior who is presumed as being white when he derived from Jerusalem and the new festive grounds to display barbaric behavior is the mall. I have no problem with the holidays, just get the facts straight, and practice what you preach. Have a Merry Christmas Season that begun with the annual trampling of the elderly on Black Friday.

It may sound crude, but try working at the mall at Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph1itfEuzIw

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Mall employment is certainly no fun over the holidays. Especially overtime and being overworked for the same meager hourly wage...
    Gotta take the good with the bad, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked at the mall all through high school. I called off on black friday and was fired. I was re-hired the next day when someone else called off because they worked 16 hours on black friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's this kind of information that I love to throw at those uber-religious types and then point out the Jesus was born in the summer! Haha

    ReplyDelete